Sound Insulation Testing
Build Energy can provide a comprehensive acoustic consultancy and sound testing service – whatever your requirement.
Many of the schemes we work on require some element of sound testing whether they be residential, commercial or public buildings.
Sound Insulation Testing – New Buildings
Developments will require the testing of separating walls and floors to achieve compliance with Part E of the building regulations. The only exception is where pretested and certified Robust Details have been used.
Sound Insulation Testing checks for both airborne and impact travel through new or existing buildings. This may affect party walls and floors between new and existing buildings, or between spaces within a new development entirely.
Do you require Sound Insulation Testing? You will if you:
- Build a new development of 2 or more dwellings / flats
- Convert a former single dwelling into flats
- Build a Nursing Home or rooms for residential use, i.e hotel or hostel
- Have designs which do not adhere to Robust Construction Details
Want to know more? Take a look at Sound Insulation Testing – The Info for the lowdown.
A Complete Acoustic & Sound Testing Consultancy
Build Energy partners closely with the best UKAS accredited engineers and consultants. Our engineers have over 50 Years experience in the field of acoustics, and have carried out hundreds of tests all over the UK.
Our one-stop-shop approach means we can take care of any requirement:
- Sound Insulation Testing
- Environmental Noise Consultancy
- BB93 Acoustic Design in Schools
- Planning Policy Guidance
- Acoustic Design
- Acoustic Enclosure Design and Build
- Noise Mapping & Prediction
- Noise at Work