Surface Water Reporting
Management of surface water run-off (Sur 1) is a mandatory requirement within the Code for Sustainable Homes. It may also form a condition within your planning approval.
2 additional credits are available for using SUDS (sustainable urban drainage system).
Do I need Surface Water Reporting?
Yes, if you are seeking any Code level you will need to provide Sur 1 reporting. This must be provided by a suitably qualified consultant or engineer and must contain all of the information necessary to meet the mandatory requirements.
Build Energy has the expertise to deliver bespoke surveys and reports covering all Code requirements which include:
- Dealing with construction stage run-off
- Calculations showing the pre and post development peak run-off rates for critical rainfall events
- Examination of current and historical drainage pattern
- Proposals for any SUDS to be incorporated
- Proposals for integrating the drainage system into the landscape and providing habitat and social enhancement
- Attenuation designs for frequent and larger storm events
- Indications of overland flow routes and methods for safeguarding properties from flooding
- Soil classification of the site and soil porosity tests