Senior Sustainability Consultant (BREEAM)
Build Energy is a leading provider of building performance and environmental services to the construction sector. Operating across the length and breadth of the UK we support organisations throughout the planning, technical design and construction process – our clients include top 50 Main Contractors, developers, architects and consultants.
Our strength is our team, underpinned by deep technical competency and a straight forward approach to being useful, responsive and trusted. Our working culture reflects this; we support each other in our development and encourage growth & learning in everything we do.
Purpose of Role
We are looking for a multi-talented BREEAM Assessor to join our ESS (Energy & Sustainability Services) team.
Many of our projects involve significant non-domestic schemes and as such may impose BREEAM requirements. We work alongside our clients in many ways, from advisory and consultant roles through to full assessment and certification. Our BREEAM consultants are involved from early proposal stages working with our business development team, through to delivery of assessment, consultancy and certification at handover.
We are not only looking for a BREEAM Assessor – we are interested in candidates with wider, complimentary experience and skills which may include energy assessment, lifecycle reporting or building physics for example. Most importantly we are looking for an individual who:
- Puts clients first
- Pays attention to the detail
- Is dependable
- Can demonstrate initiative with a drive to go the extra mile
- Is able to organise their time and workload effectively
- Is an excellent communicator
- Can bring enthusiasm, positivity and a passion for the subject!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering BREEAM assessments and certification
- Providing consultancy and advice
- Delivering wider building performance services as part of ESS team
- Working alongside sales and business development teams in securing projects
- Attending design team and ongoing meetings (mostly remote)
- Consulting with clients in achieving target BREEAM ratings
- Liaising with building control and planning departments
- Organising own workload and projects
- Managing project trackers
- Keeping accurate records, updating CRM and workflow tools
- Liaising with and support Sales and Operations departments
- Contributing to CPD learning materials, delivery and content
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified BREEAM NC/Refurbishment assessor
- BREEAM AP desirable
- At least 2 years experience independently managing non-domestic BREEAM assessments
- Confident with major clients and driving design team meetings
- Able to offer advice and consult effectively with clients around technical requirements, issues and credit targeting
- Understanding of the building regulations and wider policy landscape
We would be very interested to hear from candidates with experience/qualification in:
- Life Cycle Assessment/Costing
- Embodied carbon reporting / circular economy statements
- Part L assessment / thermal modelling
- Passivhaus design/certification
- Air quality and wider environmental consultancy
- Home based role.
- Full and part time hours considered. Limited UK travel for client meetings and team events.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Health Cash Plan
- Matched pension scheme (5% employer contribution)
- 26 days holiday plus public holidays
- POETS day Fridays.
- Over 3 days of wellness hours available per year.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Laptop, VoIP phone & home office set up.
- A very welcoming, rewarding and flexible working environment with huge scope for personal development.
- Training & further industry qualification opportunities.
To apply for this role please email email@example.com.