Are you ready to step up? Looking for a new challenge where you can really build something?
We are a leading provider of environmental and sustainability services to the construction sector, supporting organisations throughout the planning, technical design and construction process.
Our service is underpinned by trust, simplicity and an unwavering focus on our clients needs; our services are key to the delivery of a zero carbon built environment.
We are looking for a driven and passionate Principle Sustainability Engineer to lead our building physics and modelling capabilities, helping us to achieve in our mission to deliver the best sustainable outcomes for our clients.
For the successful candidate this role will provide a significant opportunity to lead, develop and grow key services and skills within our fast growing business. You will receive full support, space and autonomy to develop our services and our talent across building performance modelling and simulation.
The candidate must hold a level 5 Non Domestic Energy Assessor accreditation (NDEA) and likely to hold CIBSE Low Carbon Assessor/Consultant status. We are looking for at least 5 years experience of delivering:
- Part L compliance / assessments
- TM59/TM52 overheating analysis
- Heat gain/heat loss calculations
- Daylight / sunlight modelling
- TM54 Evaluation
- BB101 performance
- Passive Design/LZC credits for BREEAM
- Energy reports and strategies for GLA/UK planning policy
The candidate must be an experienced user of IESVE software.
We particularly seek candidates with experience of carrying out:
- Whole Life Carbon assessments
- Life Cycle Assessments
- Circular Economy statements
- Life Cycle Costing assessments
- Parametric modelling
- Building services design
- Extremely well organised and demonstrating a keen attention for detail
- Reliable and professional
- Demonstrating a strong client focus, positive personality and enthusiasm
- Able to manage their own projects and clients with professionalism and care
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to encourage, support and mentor others
We can offer you:
Home based role, 8.30am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Some limited UK travel for site visits and meetings may be required
23 days holiday plus public holidays (increasing 1 day per year up to 26 days)
POETS day Fridays
Over 3 days of wellness hours available per year
Cycle to work scheme
Laptop, VoIP phone & home office set up
Training & further industry qualification opportunities
The successful applicant will find a welcoming, rewarding and flexible working environment with huge scope for personal development awaiting them.
This role is flexible and home based – we will provide everything you need to work comfortably at home whilst also offering the opportunity to work from our Sheffield or Christchurch offices.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.