Build Energy is a leading provider of building performance and environmental services to the construction sector, supporting organisations throughout the planning, technical design and construction process. We are a high growth company working with an ever growing set of prestigious clients including top 50 Main Contractors, developers and architects.
Our strength is our team, underpinned by deep technical competency and a straight forward approach to being useful, responsive and trusted. We support each other in our development and encourage growth & learning in everything we do.
Purpose of Role
We are looking for an experienced senior consultant to join our team and lead our BREEAM service delivery. The role will provide a genuine opportunity to operate, develop and put a stamp on this part of our business and develop a senior management role. They will be given autonomy and full support to develop our services across BREEAM and dependant on experience this remit may envelope our wider sustainability / engineering services.
Candidates may currently be working for larger consultancies but eager to develop their own path in a more entrepreneurial environment.
Many of our projects involve significant non domestic schemes and as such may impose BREEAM requirements. We work alongside our clients in many ways, from advisory and consultant roles through to full assessment and certification.
Our BREEAM consultants are involved from early proposal stages working with our business development team, through to delivery of assessment, consultancy and certification at handover.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Can lead with initiative and mentor and support others
- Are thought leaders – able to help shape client strategies and prepare them for what’s ahead
- Are client focused and naturally go the extra mile
- Are able to organise their time and workload effectively
- Are excellent communicators with an eye for the detail
- Bring enthusiasm, positivity and passion for the subject!
Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead our BREEAM consultancy, assessments and certification offerings
- Provide consultancy and advice around building sustainability
- Mentor and support colleagues
- Work alongside sales and business development in securing projects
- Attend design team and ongoing meetings (mostly remote)
- Consult with clients in achieving target BREEAM ratings
- Liaise with building control and planning departments
- Organise own workload and projects
- Manage project trackers
- Update CRM system and workflow tools
- Liaise with and support Sales and Operations departments
- Input to CPD learning materials, delivery and content
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified BREEAM NC/Refurbishment assessor
- BREEAM AP
- At least 3 years experience independently managing BREEAM assessments
- Confident with managing significant projects and clients including Main Contractors
- Able to drive design team meetings
- Able to offer advice and consult effectively with clients around technical requirements, issues and credit targeting
- Understanding of the building regulations and planning policy landscape
- Confident to lead others
- Enjoys developing, mentoring and leading others
- Low Carbon Assessors/Consultants/Engineers
- NDEA or OCDEA qualified
- Life Cycle Assessment/Costing experience
- Carbon Impact Assessments
- Embodied carbon reporting / circular economy statements
Home based role.
Full time 8.30am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Limited UK travel for client meetings and team events.
Salary £45,000-£55,000pa. DoE
Health Cash Plan from April 2023
Matched pension scheme (5% employer contribution)
26 days holiday plus public holidays
POETS day Fridays.
Over 3 days of wellness hours available per year.
Cycle to work scheme.
Laptop, VoIP phone & home office set up.
A very welcoming, rewarding and flexible working environment with huge scope for personal development.
Training & further industry qualification opportunities.
Please email CV and covering letter to email@example.com